- Publication Date ：
- Last updated：2021-08-20
- View count：2786
This prison has 40 workshops. When an inmate is sent to prison, he is assigned to a workshop according to education, specialty, propensity, interest, and health situation. There are also a number of self-run businesses, including sewing (for making police and prison uniforms and processing Western suits), printing (for page composition with the use of computer), farming (for growing organic vegetables), and processing (divided into art objects, mechanical machinery, paper products, miscellaneous objects, sewing and laundry). Business lines are adjusted or added in keeping with economic development. Participants in these businesses are paid, and outstanding ones, who can meet the standard of reward, are given additional business rewards.
A skill training center was established in 1980 with approval of the Ministry of Justice. Technical training courses, including printing and sewing, were opened with the use of the available facilities. In July 2009 and January 2002, the prison upgraded the level of training in food-baking and computer software to the cultivation of Class-C technicians. The graduates are helped to participate in technicians’ capability tests given by the Council for Workforce Development Agency,Ministry of Labor. In addition, a short-term training course on local snacks was opened in August 2001 to help the inmates to make a living in society after discharge. Noted chefs were recruited to teach their specialties. It is hoped that after joining the job market in society, these discharged inmates will stay away from crime. At present, technical courses are opened to train technicians in 5 categories. The graduates have participated in the skill test of 3 grades after an intensive training from 3.5 months to one year and won Class C licenses.
- Home page designing class – In response to the changing and needs of the times, the prison has changed the original computer software application category to the web design category. It enables the inmate to acquire web design skills to meet the social pulse. After released from prison, he can engage in the computer web design industry and have basic computer operation ability.
- Baking Food class –Given the need of market and the change of consumers’ lifestyle, we established a baking training course to cultivate inmates’ baking skill and knowledge to enable them to land a job.
The teachers are supplied by Hungkuang University of Science and Technology. The course includes the making of bread and biscuit. The inmates can engage in related business after discharge.
- Local snack class – In order to enable the inmates to return to the society and have diversify skills for making a living,also to adapt to the social life and achieve the purpose of self-reliance, the prison hire well-known professional chefs from the society to instruct the various local food making techniques in Taiwan and learn how to regulate proper health and safety, also make them have the basic understanding and application of food additives, allows the inmates can be put into the job market in the shortest period of time when they return to the society & away from crime.
- Care-givers class – As a result of industrial and business development, there is a rising need for long-term care for manpower in society. To improve the quality of care services, and train the inmates to have the relevant knowledge and skills about care workers to issue them with the qualifications of nursing institutions to meet the needs of society.
After being released from prison, it is easier to find employment and reduce recidivism, and cooperate with other organizations to achieve the purpose of training.
- Lacquerware class – Traditional handicraft is a major cultural asset. In order to continue the traditional crafts that are on the verge of loss, and helps the inmates to discover their potential and advantages by the perfection spirit of traditional craftsmanship pursues, then gains self-satisfaction and sense of accomplishment in the continuous creation of works.