Medical Treatment Special Quarter
- Publication Date ：
- Last updated：2021-08-20
- View count：1249
- High quality medical care – Taichung Prison established the Central Taiwan Medical Treatment Special Quarter and Pei-de Hospital under the orders of the Executive Yuan. In addition to acquiring a license to practice, Pei-de Hospital was qualified under the new hospital evaluation system by the Department of Health in Wei-Shu-Yi-Zi announcement No.1010267463A on November 29th, 2012; qualifications are effective from January 1st, 2013 to December 31th, 2016. Pei-de Hospital further received the Symbol of National Quality from the Institute of Biotechnology and Medicine Industry in 2011 for providing high quality prison hospital care services.
- Outpatient clinic status – A total of 20 specialist outpatient clinics were offered, and health education videos were showed while inmates were waiting, improving their ability to care for themselves.
- Rehabilitation ward of China Medical University Hospital – Inmates that cannot be cared for by physicians and equipment of Pei-de Hospital may be transferred to the rehabilitation ward of China Medical University Hospital (Medical Center), which has a capacity of 14 beds and 3 intensive care beds.
- Nursing training – Taichung Prison is cooperating with China Medical University Hospital in providing nursing training for inmates to acquire a class C certificate. Besides helping prisons train nurses to care for sick inmates, this also benefits the employment of inmates after discharge.
- Community medical care network – The best approach to health care is to emphasize prevention over treatment. The Medical Treatment Special Quarter provides medical care services via a community medical care network, gaining the latest information on inmates’ health status.
- Consensus building via two way communication and family care – When patients with severe acute diseases are referred to a hospital, their family is immediately notified by phone to visit. For inmate patients that have trouble moving, their family members are allowed to visit in the ward.